Sometimes in a predictable pattern, like the tides.
Sometimes, in a not-so-expected way where agility helps...or at least some version of patience.
And, in any marine adventure, that chance of change is exponentially higher with water being both incredibly enticing and the most dynamic force on the planet. Ever changing, with so much happening below the surface.
Knowing what we’re up against when we head out on the water, and wanting to have as much choice (and comfort) as possible in any pursuit we take on, we thought it was about time to make a PFD that could answer the call for changes - pumping up its buoyancy when you choose it.
Enter: the Khimera Dual Flotation PFD
Developed in the Mustang Survival Waterlife Studio in Vancouver, Canada, it hit the market in 2018, and since then has been making its mark on the marine environment, landing on paddlers and inshore sailors alike, giving them more than a simple foam PFD, with comfort and mobility paralleled with most inflatables.
Where to wear it:
- Inshore sailing
- Days you’re choosing to go into the water
- Times you want the safety of a foam vest coupled with high mobility and sleek profile
How to use it:
- Loosen the side straps, and pull on overhead, with velcro pocket at the front
- Tighten side straps to preferred comfort, ensuring snug fit so vest doesn’t ride up
- Transition in or out of the water without triggering the inflatable system, and relying on the foam vest for 7.5lbs of flotation
- Pump up the power of the vest by activating the inflatable cell, increasing flotation to 20lbs
- Release the additional buoyancy when desired to help you navigate back into your kayak, get back on your board, or simply sit more comfortably when you’re safely back on board
- Re-arm with Re-Arm Kit G (Model # MA7116)
When you’re in control of going into or getting out of the water, why not have the same choice in the buoyancy supporting you?