Tents and fishing: two things that make up a healthy portion of Kayla’s childhood as a young ‘un in Idaho. Spending more time in a tent or exploring the woods than she did inside, and learning to fish from her parents at a young age, she defined being a nature kid...and has successfully transitioned that passion throughout her life to date. For example: she caught her first American Bass at age 10 and her first Australian Bass at 25.
She’s got a serious case of wanderlust, a natural creative knack, and an openness to try new things - infusing adventure into everything she does and stoking her inner flame with her incredible curiosity.
Whether it’s helping teach others how to properly backup a boat or capturing perfect moments with her camera, Kayla’s dynamic spirit shines through whatever she is doing.
- Visited 47 states in America before age 26
- Fished in over 100 lakes across America
- Hosted Hobies kayak series Magazine front cover
- Married best friend
- Traveled across three countries (US, Canada, Australia)
- New Smokie Mountain resident