From the young age of 10, Emily knew exactly what she wanted to do: sail. Life in Emily’s eyes gets simpler on the water. Growing up in Bermuda, and living a life in and on the water as long as she can remember, she’s got saltwater in her veins.
Taking her ‘life = sailing’ motto seriously, she pursued and completed a Masters in Engineering with Naval Architecture from University of Southampton, shortly after kicking off a professional sailing career.
Having now sailed around the world and poked in most corners of the ocean, taking off on both personal adventures and professional races, her love for sailing isn’t just about crossing the finish line, but the camaraderie of the crew, her love for marine environments and her desire to protect them.
- Volvo Ocean Race 2017/18 with Team AkzoNobel
- Rolex 24hr distance record - sailed 602.5 NM In 24 hours onboard TeamAkzoNobel in June 2018
- Rolex Sydney Hobart 2019- 7th line honours with Naval Group
- Fastnet 2019 -6th line honours with Sorcha
- Redbull Flying on Water project sailing from New York to Bermuda on a foiling catamaran with Jimmy Spithill and Shannon Falcone in 2016
- TeamBDA Youth America’s Cup Campaign