The MD3196 is a compact life preserver that automatically inflates when submerged in water. Designed specifically for easy integration with body armor and tactical vests that use a Modular Lightweight Load-carrying Equipment (MOLLE) webbing system, the MD3196 offers advanced flotation protection to Law Enforcement professionals operating in marine environments.
Using Hydrostatic Inflator Technology (HIT) , the MD3196 will automatically inflate within seconds when submerged in 4 or more inches of water and will not inflate prematurely due to rain, humidity or wind-driven sea spray. An oral inflation tube provides backup inflation, if necessary and no inflator maintenance is required for five years from date of manufacture, unless the MD3196 is inflated. Upon inflation, it is essential to inspect and re-arm your PFD before next use.
An optional manual conversion cap (MA7219) can be installed on to prevent the automatic operation. This option allows the operator to select the inflation capability (manual or automatic) prior to the mission. The cell can be manually inflated with a simple pull of the beaded handle. The MD3196 is also available with a Coyote Tan outer shell and olive green inflatable bladder with no reflective tape.
Compatible with Re-arm kit model #MA7214 10
Quick Integration and Easy Repacking
- A three-point attachment system provides quick integration to a MOLLE style vest. SecureZIP™ closure withstands rigorous activity and is easy to repack.
- The Hydrostatic Inflation System will not inflate prematurely due to rain, humidity or wind-driven sea spray. The inflatable cell achieves full inflation within seconds of immersion, or with a simple pull of the beaded handle. An oral inflation tube located on the left lobe provides backup inflation, if necessary.
- No inflator maintenance is required for five years, unless inflated.
Optional Manual Conversion Cap
- The Hydrostatic Inflation System uses an automatic inflator that can be converted to a manual only system. The optional manual conversion cap (MA7219) can be installed on the water inlet port preventing the automatic operation. This manual conversion cap provides for optimal mission planning and allows the operator to select the inflation capability (manual or automatic) prior to the mission.
- Tests with the life preserver attached to a typical body armor vest successfully demonstrated the ability of the LP to selfright and float the wearer.
- Designed for the Law Enforcement professional offering durable flotation protection for operators in marine environments.
Two Options for Wear
- Can be attached to a body armor vest or worn as a standalone life preserver using the chest belt/crotch strap assembly (MA3090).