The award-winning MD3183 34 Inflatable PFD with H.I.T.™ (Hydrostatic Inflator Technology) is Mustang Survival's top-of-the-line inflatable PFD. Designed for serious users with exclusive technology that enhances safety and minimizes maintenance, this is our most popular inflatable PFD.
The Hydrostatic Inflator Technology offers reliable inflation in a low maintenance design that will only automatically inflate when submerged in 4 or more inches of water and not inadvertently due to rain, spray or humidity. Exclusive to Mustang Survival in North America and maintenance-free for 5 years from date of manufacture or until inflated. Made for the most severe marine environments the Inflatable USCG PFD with H.I.T.™ will meet the challenges of the most demanding users. It also features the patented SecureZip™ closure system to ensure the PFD will stay closed during even the most rigorous activity and still opens effortlessly upon inflation. The MD3183 34 is fitted with Coast Guard Auxiliary markings and is designed to be worn in conjunction with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and is light weight and comfortable enough that you'll forget you're wearing a PFD.
*Please Note: This product is a USCG Type ll and USCG Type V Commercial with Type ll performance when worn on uninspected commercial vessels less than 40 ft. in length and not carrying passengers for hire.
- Approval: USCG - UL1180 - Inflatable PFDs 160.076 - Type V (Commercial Use); Type II (Recreational Use)
- Compatible with Re-arm Kit C (Model # MA7214)
- Low maintenance Hydrostatic Inflator Technology only inflates when submerged in water, minimizing accidental inflation.
- Inflator is maintenance-free for 5 years from date of manufacture. Upon inflation, it is essential to inspect and re-arm your PFD before next use
- Provides 38lb of buoyancy when inflated - twice the flotation of most foam PFDs
- USCG Auxiliary markings to meet uniform requirements
- Inflates when immersed in water or when user pulls activation cord
- Safety inspection window allow users to inspect inflator status: green indicates inflator is ready for use
- Light weight design for high mobility and allows PFD to be easily worn over a shirt or jacket
- Durable nylon construction
- Neoprene Comfort Collar™