DISCONTINUED - Inflatable Vest PFD with LIFT
THIS PRODUCT HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED AND IS ONLY AVAILABLE THROUGH AUTHORIZED MUSTANG SURVIVAL DEALERS WHILE SUPPLIES LAST.
IMPORTANT - HIT Inflatable PFD Safety Alert.
Click here for more information.
The MD0450 Auto Hydrostatic Inflatable Vest with LIFT™ is a light weight inflatable PFD designed with a shorter length and a low, flexible profile to ensure total mobility during the most rigorous activities. Engineered with revolutionary LIFT™ technology for increased freeboard and Hydrostatic Inflator Technology (H.I.T.™) for reliable inflation in a low maintenance design, the MD0450 was designed primarily for performance sailors, security and rescue professionals and people in offshore environments.
LIFT™ technology improves safety for users in variable wind and wave conditions by elevating the mouth out of the water by up to 9 inches (23cm). This increase in freeboard has been shown to reduce underwater mouth immersions by 80%, reducing the risks of drowing and exposure. Hydrostatic Inflater Technology will only automatically inflate when submerged in 4 or more inches of water and not inadvertantly due to rain, spray or humidity. Made for the most severe marine environments the Auto Hydrostatic Inflatable Vest with LIFT™ will meet the challenges of the most demanding users.
The US Coast Guard has approved the MD0450 as a Type V with Type III Performance.
Use only Mustang Survival re-arm kits. Use of other re-arm kits may result in improper operation or failure to operate and will void the product's warranty.
- Additional Information
- Related Products
- 40lb buoyancy when inflated
- LIFT™ provides up to 9" of freeboard - the highest elevation out of water ever seen in a PFD for extra safety in severe weather
- Reduces mouth immersions and increases visibility to rescue crews.
- Hydrostatic Inflator Technology (H.I.T.™) offers reliable inflation in a low maintenance design that will only automatically inflate when submerged in 4 or more inches of water and not inadvertantly due to rain, spray or humidity
- H.I.T.™ is exclusive to Mustang Survival in North America and maintenance-free for 5 years or until inflated
- When inflated, LIFT bladder has stabilizing wings on sides and behind the neck to provide support in rough waters
- Safety Inspection Window allows user to easily inspect inflator status: green indicates inflator is ready for use
- SecureZIP™ closure withstands rigorous activity and is easy to repack
- Neoprene Comfort Collar™ mesh back allows for good air flow to keep wearer cool
- Durable 420-denier nylon
- Cylinder is contained inside bladder to protect against corrosion
- Backup oral inflation tube
- Strobe light holder, safety whistle and SOLAS reflective tape on badder